This week was another very busy week with cakes, but I love it. You know they say that you will know when you find you passion, cakes are my passion. They are my greatest frustration and my greatest joy (when it comes to working). Here is my Dora cake. I first had no idea what to do, so I sat down and watched a couple of episodes. Boy does she talk loud. This cake took 9 hours just to do the decorating once the blue fondant was on, but it was all worth it when Emily brought her little girl over and when she saw the cake she said, "Dora." That is why I love making cakes.

Andy is a great help to me. When I get frustrated, which I always do, he always comes to my rescue. I couldn't come up with a border and I was really tired at this point and any came to my rescue and came up this this. Isn't he great.

This was a birthday cake. The guy and his fiance had just come back from Hawaii and he thought a volcano cake would be perfect for her birthday. What a guy. I have to admit, I think it is one of my top ten cakes I've made.

This is supposed to be a stylized hibiscus.

This banner says happy birthday Anna in Hawaiian. If it's not, I just did what the guy told me to. I hope it's not like those people that get Chinese symbol tattoo's and then find out that instead of it saying peace it says chicken.

8 comments:
Those are some sweet cakes. Love, love, love the dora. I put your link on my blog. I was tired of going to Hollie's page to get to yours. Plus,I got you a crop-o-dile, so I have earned it.
Those cakes did turn out awesome! I already know they tasted awesome by the two and a half cupcakes I had yesterday:))) Good job!
Those cakes are incredible!
Those cakes are so cool! Just out of curiosity, how much do you charge to make something like that?
Jyl everyone LOVED the cake, especially my neices. It was really YUMMY too! Thanks so much for making it for us. You are seriously talented!
i am so jealous of your talent! you won't happen to be in vegas in june will ya?!? you should come just to teach a class...
I would love to come back home. That would be lovely. I have been trying to get andy back there for 5 years now. Maybe someday it will happen. Maybe someday I will go on a vacation. Thanks for your comments. And Cherie, I usually start my prices out at a $1 per person, with cakes starting at $35. Depending on the detail of the cake, the price goes up. Yes, I'm cheap.
Bug, Addie loved the Dora cake. She was so excited to see it. I finally updated my blog with pictures. I get so excited when you make a new cake. They are both amazing as always.
Post a Comment