Tuesday, August 11, 2009

25 weeks

Here is my 25 weeks pregnant photo. No I am not caring twins even thought everyone keeps asking. Yes, total strangers have come up to me and asked me if I was having twins. Well, the actual conversation goes like this. 

Stranger: oh, when are you do?
Me: in November
Stranger: are you having twins?
Me: Nope, just one
Stranger: wow, your baby is going to be huge
Me (inside my head): have you noticed I"m only 5'4" and I have a short torso. where do you think the baby is supposed to go. It can't go up, so it has to go out. 

It's been awesome. But it doesn't matter. By Friday of next week we will be in our third trimester which me we are on the final stretch. The baby is moving like crazy right now. Some days it fills like she will just burst out of my belly. I like to joke that she is dancing. Right now the only thing I guess would count as a craving would be that I love all stone fruits. I can't get enough of them. Sleeping isn't going so well. My hips either hurt or I'm just not tired. It's kind of weird, but I am getting a ton done do to the amount of hours I am awake. All in all, things are going great. We are almost done rearranging the entire house (no I'm not kidding) and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby girl. 

6 comments:

honolululeigh said...

Can definitely relate to the whole "are you carrying twins" thing... People just don't make the connection between being short and having a small torso with having the space required to carry another full human being. Plus, you hardly gain any weight the last 6-8 weeks anyway. It is all put on between 20-32 weeks.
(I haven't really posted before-- so in case you are wondering, this is Hannah.)

Toni said...

I think you look great. Are the people who ask fat, because you could turn around and ask them the same thing (Just kidding).

Ioana said...

You're not big at all. I think your belly is so cute! But I do know how it is when people say "oh, you're still 3 1/2 months away and you're huge!"... Rude!

Hollie said...

Yay, I so excited for you. Sorry I haven't called. I love hearing all about your nesting:)

Love ya!

Keri said...

Wow, you should read my blog posts about this time last year. Very similar...but I didn't blog about the twin comments b/c I was so emotional about it I would cry:) And I totally craved nectarines for about three months. I just started eating them again--burn out! Well, you look great! People are ridiculous. I have decided that I need an excuse for us to get together. Maybe I will order a cake in the spring after everything settles down after the baby:) And I'll have to drive to WV pick it up right? :) I'll keep in touch.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

You look so cute. With your comments I was expecting a ginormous belly. Yours is just normal and even small...I guess I've mostly known only short pregnant women. In fact, I can only think of one person who has been pregnant lately that was on the taller side...it makes a huge difference. Oh, I can't wait for this sweet baby. I love you and I love Andy, which means I am going to LOVE this baby. Oh, I'm sure she will be darling, and I'm sure Dad and Mom think it is quite fitting that she seems to be active. ;) Dad's best comment the last time we talked was that he bets you're wishing you hadn't watched so many episodes of So You Think You Can Dance. He thinks you should have been watching So You Think You Can Sleep. :) It cracked me up. LOVE YOU!!!!! ~Wein