This week was my last really crazy week of the summer and I am so happy it is over. Member-member is the last big tournament of the year. Now things slow down. Thank goodness. This baby is getting heavy.
This week I made:
1. lemon poppy seed cake with lemon cream filling
2. All chocolate boston cream pie
3. oreo cheesecake
4. rich chocolate cake
5. snickers pie
6. 90 mini cheesecakes
7. 80 caramel delight
8. 80 pecan bars
9. 80 mini keylime pies
10. 90 mini coconut cream pies
11. 6 batches of fall spiced nuts
The theme of member-member was under the sea. I was first going to make a cake that looked like under the sea with fish and sea weed, but then I thought it would be more fun to do sea urchins. So I made a cake with three sea urchins stacked on top of each other. I also made coral, sand dollars and sea shells to go around the bottom.
Now the last thing I made I never thought I would be doing. One of the girls from the banquet staff came into the kitchen and was complaining that they had to make an octopus out of balloons, but had no idea how to make it. I just randomly told her in high school I was always the person that made the balloon arches. Well, a few minutes later another girl came in and asked if there was any way I could help them. Who says you don't use the things you learn in high school later on in life. I never thought my balloon arch skills would ever come in handy. Well, they did, it took us a while to figure out the best way to do it, but I think it turned out pretty decent.

3 comments:
Now that your balloon secret is out, you're going to be doing all of the parties.
You are so talented in many ways. You seriously need to compete in one of those cake challenges. I can totally see you winning!
All of those desserts look amazing! That's funny about the balloon arch... did I tell you that I had to use my balloon arch memories and skills to make one when my sister in law came home from her mission. I guess all that work back in high school sort of paid off! Mr. Treger would be so proud.
Post a Comment