Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mom's Birthday

This year it was our job to celebrate my moms birthday. My dad ended up having to go out of town the day of her birthday. The actual day of her birthday we had to stay in because or dresser for the baby room was being delivered that night so we ordered in her favorite sandwich from Jimmy Johns. We ended the night with presents and her own individual carrot cake. 
The next night was the actual celebration. We didn't tell my mom where we were going just the time she needed to meet us at our house. When she got here it was pouring rain. I mean sheets and sheets of rain. She wanted to just stay in but that just wouldn't do. We loaded her in the car and headed down to Roanoke and went 35 mph the whole way. The week before my mom and I had gone to Sam's Club. While we were there we got hot dogs. As we were eating she said, oh, this is exactly what I would like to do for my birthday. Well, I made a mental note of that and that is exactly what we did. We had hot dogs and pizza and on the way home we stopped at Custard Corner for milk shakes. Not the best food if you are on a diet, but for birthdays there are no rules. All in all we had a awesome two days. Happy Birthday mom. You are the best mom a kid could ask for. 

3 comments:

Toni said...

Too funny! I'm glad your mom had a good birthday!

Hollie said...

I totally agree, no rules on your birthday!!!! You Mom is awesome! I miss her so much. Tell her happy Birthday from me and that I love her.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I love Mom! I think it is great the you got hot dogs for her. If Sam's Club hot dogs are as good as Costco's hot dogs, I'm with mom...totally great food for a birthday.