I can't believe my Andy is 30 today. He is no longer in his 20's. He told me last night that he had a horrible realization. It will be another 30 years before he can retire. That cracked me up. Of all the things he could be thinking about when turning 30 and all he can think about is how long it will be before he can retire. I thought it would be fun to look back at Andy from when I first met him. Andy and I have had tons of fun ever since we met. As I was going through our pictures I found that we are always laughing or Andy is always pulling a face. 
One of the first things that peaked my interest when I first met Andy was the fact that he skateboarded. That has always made me a little week in the knees. It still does when I see him skateboard. This is a picture of us when we were first dating. Andy decided to try and teach me to ride a skateboard. As you see it didn't go so well, but one again we had a ton of fun. I think Andy was 22 at this time.
Andy and I love to hike, camp, rock climb, anything that has to do with the outdoors. This photo was taken on one of our favorite hikes in Tennessee. It was so cold that day. I think I had about four layers on under that sweater. I love Andy's expression in this photo. I think it captures his cool, calm, personality another thing that I love.
Ok, this is a year later and a half later. Our wedding. Now when I met Andy he was always hairy. Big bushy hair and full facial hair. I had always known him that way. Well, he thought it would be fun to shave it off for our wedding. I was shocked. As I was walking out and saw Andy for the first time you could tell he was shaking. I think he was really nervous.
I on the other hand couldn't wait. I was marrying the man of my dreams. My other half. My better half. Once again, even our wedding was full of laughs.
I had to throw this one in. This is Andy with his best friend Ben. They are quite the pair. Ben always has had a way to bring out Andy's funny side. I'm usually the butt of all the jokes, but it's ok. I know it's out of love. Now Andy smiling is a rarity especially on camera, yet this is what Ben does to him. All laughs and smiles.
Another favorite spot in Tennessee. This was the fall before we got married. Andy had just turned 23. I am so lucky to be a part of Andy's life. He is truly amazing. Don't let his quiet exterior fool you. He is always joking and he is quit the smart alike. He makes everyday a joy for me. One of my favorite things that he does, that he wont share with anyone else, is jingles. He loves to make up jingles. They are mostly about the dog, but they always make me laugh. Happy Birthday Andy. You made it to 30. I love you.
Oh, and if you are wondering if I am making him a cake for his birthday, well, that will be a no. I asked him if he would like me to make him a cake and his response was, "well, I was actually hoping my mom would make me a chocolate eclair cake." Boy does he love his mom's chocolate eclair cake.
Andy and I love to hike, camp, rock climb, anything that has to do with the outdoors. This photo was taken on one of our favorite hikes in Tennessee. It was so cold that day. I think I had about four layers on under that sweater. I love Andy's expression in this photo. I think it captures his cool, calm, personality another thing that I love.
Ok, this is a year later and a half later. Our wedding. Now when I met Andy he was always hairy. Big bushy hair and full facial hair. I had always known him that way. Well, he thought it would be fun to shave it off for our wedding. I was shocked. As I was walking out and saw Andy for the first time you could tell he was shaking. I think he was really nervous.
I on the other hand couldn't wait. I was marrying the man of my dreams. My other half. My better half. Once again, even our wedding was full of laughs.
I had to throw this one in. This is Andy with his best friend Ben. They are quite the pair. Ben always has had a way to bring out Andy's funny side. I'm usually the butt of all the jokes, but it's ok. I know it's out of love. Now Andy smiling is a rarity especially on camera, yet this is what Ben does to him. All laughs and smiles.
Another favorite spot in Tennessee. This was the fall before we got married. Andy had just turned 23. I am so lucky to be a part of Andy's life. He is truly amazing. Don't let his quiet exterior fool you. He is always joking and he is quit the smart alike. He makes everyday a joy for me. One of my favorite things that he does, that he wont share with anyone else, is jingles. He loves to make up jingles. They are mostly about the dog, but they always make me laugh. Happy Birthday Andy. You made it to 30. I love you.
Oh, and if you are wondering if I am making him a cake for his birthday, well, that will be a no. I asked him if he would like me to make him a cake and his response was, "well, I was actually hoping my mom would make me a chocolate eclair cake." Boy does he love his mom's chocolate eclair cake. 
4 comments:
Happy Birthday ANDY!!!!! You are awesome! Welcome to the 30 something club:) We miss you!
Love,
Hollie, Ryan, and Mckenzie (the Horsey)
PS, Mckenzie still tells us that you bought your couch for $100.00.
Happy Birthday Andy!! We hope you had a great day!
Happy birthday Andy!
Happy day after your birthday to you...I hope you got my message yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get to actually talk with you. Love you!
Post a Comment