If you haven't noticed, I haven't been doing very many cakes lately. Between work, everyday things, and being pregnant I just haven't had the energy to do many. I did do two cakes this week. My first cake was for one of my father in laws fraternity bothers. He was turning 60. He was going down to the beach to celebrate. I guess his neighbor is a crab guy (guy who catches crabs) and Furry loves to by them by the bushel and cook them up. I thought this would be the best thing to do for his birthday. I figured it would be something they wouldn't expect.

You can't eat crabs and corn on the cob without a napkin, so I thought that would be a fun way to present his birthday message.

This corn on the cob was made from rice krispy treats and fondant.

So where the crabs.
My second cake was for a mans 40th birthday. The wife wanted a whimsical cake that was black and white. 


3 comments:
AMAZING!!!! I'm so craving your carrot cake!!!!!
I love the crab cake. You are truly amazing.
Love both cakes, but seriously the crab cake may be my favorite so far. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! If you ever have occassion to make me a cake, I think I'd want that. It makes me smile because it reminds me of The Crab Pot. Really, that is my favorite eating memory to date...the best food I have ever eaten. And it was even better because I was with you and Andy. I love you both so much! Can't wait to see you...it won't come soon enough. I miss you tons! Love you! ~Wein
Post a Comment