Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Alice's 2nd Birthday

I can't believe we celebrated Alice's second birthday in November. Alice is two years old. This year Alice was ready for her birthday. We practiced singing and saying happy birthday, practiced blowing out candles and rachel practiced opening presents with alice for about four days before her birthday. This year we had just a family dinner for Alice's birthday. It was so fun having so many of us together to celebrate cute little Alice.







Of course we had to have a yo gabba gabba themed birthday with a yo gabba cake. I made one cake for the adults and one cake that Alice could have all to herself.
Alice had been asking for her cake all day so when the time came she was super excited. She wanted to blow those candles out right away. The anticipation was killing her. We ended up blowing out the candles five times since Alice thought it was so fun. Even now if you talk about cake she pretends to blow out the candles.
I thought she would just dive in, but I think she was a little nervous. She first just took a little nibble.
And then she dove on in.
Well she then decided that she really didn't like the frosting all over the place so she asked for a fork. Then she really enjoyed the cake. This was way better than last year when she cried every time we tried to get her to eat the cake.
In the end she decided it was faster just to eat with her hands, but the only problem was she wanted us to wash her hands after each bite. Luckily that only lasted a few bites and then she was all done.
After cake was present time and this year she was ready the only problem was every time she would open a present she loved it so much she didn't want anything else. We would have to literally pry the toy out of her hands so she would open another one. It was so funny. Each one was just as exciting as the next.

Alice's birthday was a hit and we are so excited to have our little two year old. I can't believe how much our cute little two year old has changed. Alice is amazing. She is independent, super smart, spunky, loves to talk, super funny, and gives the best hugs and kisses. Man I love this kid.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I love this kid, too! I just need to see her. I love that you practiced all those things....immediately made me think of mom having me practice smiling for school pictures...every year...I think even into high school. Don't worry, I still practice smiling before we take family pictures. I don't know if it helps, though, cause I'm still always stressed out about it. Thanks for this post. It was fun learning more of the details, especially about the cake eating and present opening.