We had two very fun trips to the beach this year. I am telling them in reverse order since that is how I downloaded the pictures. The second trip was our annual Father Son Tournament week. This is something we look forward to every year. It is so much fun. Tons of family time, lazy time, good food, shopping and fun. One of my favorite parts or our trip are our lazy morning when we just lay in bed and have some fun family time. This morning was one of my favorites. Alice was being so cute.

Alice played on her little laptop. Look at her. She looks like a pro.
Rachel had just bought this little doctors kit for Alice before we came on our trip. This morning she was giving her dad an exam. It was so funny and fun to watch them interacting together. Boy does Alice love her dad. They are two peas in a pod.
This trip Alice also sported a lot of mad scientist hair due to our laziness. I did kind of fix it when we went out into public. I love when Alice's hair is crazy like this. There are very few things Alice got from me everything else is her dad. One of the things is this mad scientist hair. This is what my hair looks like in ever picture I have hair in until I'm about 4. No joke. Alice also got her super loudness from me. Not sure yet if that is a good or a bad thing.
I remember when Alice was really little thinking about what it would be like when Alice could eat all by herself without any help and how awesome that was going to be but felt like such a long way away. As you see in this picture she was having not problem eating by herself. I know that is a random comment, but it's amazing watching these little ones grow learning new things each day and becoming more independent. It's weird to think that everything we do each day had to be taught and learned. Everything.
One of my favorite things to do at the beach is shop. We live in the middle of nowhere and shopping is very scarce so when we go somewhere where there is good shopping I just can't help myself. It's just so exciting and there are so many options. On this particular day we were shopping for a hat for Andy. Andy was walking around trying on hats and I had alice in her stroller just walking around the store. Andy walked up and said, "Oh, I like those glasses." I thought, what is he talking about. Then I looked at Alice. Somehow without me knowing it Alice had found these glasses, pulled them off the rack and had put them on. I thought it was so cute, of course we bought them for her.
Alice loved the beach. I mean LOVED the beach. We couldn't keep her out of the ocean. It was actually a little scary since she didn't understand that the waves go in and out. When the waves would go out she would run after them not realizing that they would be coming back in. There where many times we had to run as fast as we could to make sure she didn't get pummeled by the waves. A couple time we were to slow and she took some tumbles she didn't really love, but it didn't stop her from just charging back into the waves.



This is our only family picture. Not the best but it's all we had. Alice's favorite was definitely the ocean, but she also liked going around the lazy river in her pool float and we didn't mind it either especially since the water was warm. Not sure if that is because they heat it our there were just a ton of kids peeing in it. Either way it was really relaxing.
Probably Alice's least favorite pool was the kids pool. It wasn't that she didn't like it, she just didn't enjoy it as much as everything else. It think it's just to loud for her and all the spraying and dumping things scared her. I'm sure in a couple years it with be her favorite, but for now she just approaches it with caution.
Had to throw this in to show how ruggedly handsome my husband is.
This was Andy and his dad's third year playing in the Father Son tournament and it was there best year yet. They played really well, won a couple skills challenges and had fun doing it. I think it's something they both look forward to each year and I think it's fun they do something as father and son.
Alice and my first trip to the beach was with my friend Dani and her kid liz. Liz is about six months younger than Alice, but they have fun together. This trip was kind of on a whim and boy was it an adventure. I think it was Dani's first time on a vacation alone with liz and I think it was a little bit of a shocker for her, but despite a couple bumps we had a ton of fun. Alice's favorite thing to do was walk around with the catch phrase container on her had. It was hilarious.
Alice then decided that it would be fun to put it on Liz's head over and over and over again. Liz hated it, but Dani, Alice and I thought it was pretty funny.
We spent a ton of time playing at the park during Liz's naps and then playing at the beach together. I love Alice in her bathing suite so cute.
Alice was also spoiled by Dani. Dani would feed her nacho chips anytime she would ask. Alice just loved it. Here she is asking for another bag. Man is my kid a junk food junky.
See here. Alice is sharing her chips with Liz. How cute is that.

We also had fun in the morning playing in the kid pool.

This trip was when Alice first learned how much she loved the beach and the ocean. It was exciting for me since I love the beach and it's fun to share that love with her. Liz on the other hand loved the sand, but hated the ocean. She was terrified of it.

At one point when we were playing the sand Liz noticed a family sitting to the side. All the sudden she ran over to the family and started to dance. And let me tell you this kid can dance. It was so cute. Alice of course had to get in on the show, but she was more timid. She just stood to the side and waved until they would notice her and wave back. It was so funny.
Here's my friend Dani. When we first went on this trip we only had know each other for a month or two, but this trip turned us unto fast friends. Not sure what Alice and I would do without her and liz. We have so much fun together. Man I love the beach.

4 comments:
You are LOUD?! Ohhhhhh...that explains a lot. ;) Haha....that's great to know. Alice is gorgeous. I love that squinty-eyed crinkly-nosed grin she shares. CUTENESS!!!
Post heaven. :) Merry Christmas to me! Love Alice at the beach...no kid looks cuter in a bathing suit.
Looks like everyone had a good time.
Boy have missed a gazillion posts. I am loving them all!
Post a Comment