We had a ton of fun this Halloween. Alice loved it. Alice was going to be a golfer for Halloween since we already had the costume thanks to some super cute golf clothes Rachel bought for Alice. We had knee high socks, knickers, argyle sweater, polo shirt and even a golf hat, but friday night (two days before halloween) I decided that Alice should be something that she loves. That was plex the robot from Yo Gabba Gabba. It is a slight obsession for Alice. I was going to buy the costume then I thought that's silly, my mom and I can sew, so I ran to the fabric store bought what I needed then begged my mom to come over while Alice was sleeping to make it.
I wanted to make the plex costume a little girlie so I made her outfit into a hoop dress. Then we just made a pair of pants and a shirt that was out of a silver metallic material to make it look more like a robot and to keep her a little warmer. I love the way it turned out and Alice really loved it. She wore it for three days straight. Every time she would see the costume she would yell "robot robot, please". Meaning she wanted us to put it on her. I loved the way it turned out and I don't know what I would have done without my mom. It took 7 hours and my first time using a clothing pattern. Definitely not the same as a quilt pattern.
Our ward Trunk or Treat was on Saturday & I thought it would be fun for the whole family to dress up as one of the yo gabba gabba characters so I made shirts for everyone.
Alice's favorite part of the party was the cornbread muffins. Every time I turned around she had another one in her hand. I of course had the pleasure of crawling behind her picking up the crumbs.
We had fun with our friends. These are my girls, Elicia and Dani. Don't know how I would survive without them and I don't know how alice would survive without there kids.
Alice and grandma foofa.
This is alice's little friend Liz. They had a ton of fun playing together. Liz would run away from alice while alice chased her trying to hug tackle her. Alice loved it, Liz not so much. They also had fun taking apart a creepy halloween decoration someone brought. Alice is half way doing her silly face in the picture. A thing she learned from Yo GAbba Gabba.
After the ward trunk or treat we where off to Andy's parents halloween/birthday party. Rachel's birthday is on Halloween. When we first got there Alice had no idea who grandma Rachel was (she was dressed as leonard from Big Bang Theory) but as soon as she started talking Alice figured it out.
Grandpa Robinson was a tooth fairy.
There was a ton of food, a band and a really creepy mummy that hung in the window and wiggled. Alice was scared/fascinated with it. Those Robinsons sure know how to throw a party. The halloween cakes from the last post where the cakes for the party. The next day the country club had a little halloween party for kids so we thought it would be fun to take Alice.
At first Alice was a little nervous about playing the games, but that only lasted for a moment and then she was all about it. Look at that arm.
She loved the pick the duck game. I think she just wanted to splash around in the water. With each game the kids won tickets that they could exchange for different prizes. We got a ton of fruit rollups.
They had a pumpkin hunt (like an eater egg hunt, but with little pumpkin eggs) out on the lawn. Once Alice realized there was something inside the pumpkins she was all about it. We went home with a ton of little pumpkins.
There was also a hayride that we did a couple of times. We where so lucky it was such a gorgeous day. Usually halloween is freezing cold and rainy but as you can tell we only needed a light jacket.
Monday was finally Halloween. Yes three days in the same clothes. I feel like we really got our moneys out of these costumes. The rain had moved in and it was cold so I decided to make alice a little cape to wear over her costume.
Alice was ready to collect her candy. We stopped first at my parents house
and then we headed down to Andy's parents. Here is alice's funny face. It doesn't look happy, but she is super happy when she does it.
More candy yeah. Andy also took alice around in the golf cart to a couple of neighbors for some trick or treating. I asked if Alice liked it and Andy said he wasn't sure. She was so fixated on every ones pumpkins that she wasn't paying attention to what was going on.
After the andy's parents house we ended the night by stopping by Andy's grandma's house so she could see Alice's costume. Alice then proceeded to smash a whole bag of chocolates. She didn't eat any of them, just smashed them in her hands. We then went home and went to bed. It was a long three days and a ton of late nights, but it was fun seeing Alice get into halloween. Can't wait to see what we come up with next year. 

2 comments:
So cute. Alice is such a doll and I love how her costume turned out.
FINALLY!!!!! I have been wanting to see more pictures of this costume forever. It turned out awesome!!! Get your sewing machines all prepped for the Little Mister for next year. I don't know what he's going to be yet, but I do know that I'll be requesting your (and Mom's) help with it. :) You may regret having done such awesome job.
Post a Comment