Thought I would post some cakes that I have done in the last couple months. First was for my mother-in-laws halloween/birthday party. I was super excited to make these cakes. I have wanted to do a halloween cake for a while. There where three cakes. One for rachel, one for another person who's birthday was the same day and one for the party.





My second cake was for a western themed baby shower.


Get it? Baby Cowgirl!! Lame I know.
Next was Alice's Birthday cake. She turned two in November. Alice is obsessed with yo gabba gabba so I thought it would be fun to make a gabba themed cake. Each part of the cake represents two or three of the characters. The big cupcake is muno and brobee and Alice's smash cake was Tutee, brobee and foofa. The only character not represented was Plex, the robot, who just happens to be Alice's favorite, but I was tired and I said I wouldn't let Alice's cake get in the way of spending time with Alice, so I only did what I could while she was sleeping.
The balloons are from the Brobee birthday episode. They sing and talk.

My last cake was an Olivia the pig cake. I have wanted to make one of these character cakes since I saw a commercial for the cartoon. She is just so cute. Sophie's favorite episode was the princess for a day so that that was the theme for the cake.
Olivia took me forever. Her proportions are kind of different so it took a few times to get it right.

5 comments:
You are up late! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE halloween one with the upside down witch. I love your art!
beautiful. you are so talented!
p.s. halloween pics are cute too. merry christmas!
Oh my goodness sister! You are SO AMAZINGLY talented. I want you to make some of your cute toppers out of like polymere clay so we can keep them. They are seriously all so cute and wonderful.
You've done it again! I'm wowed. The halloween cakes are awesome...love the cauldron, in particular the spider (maybe that's because of the little critter books). And I totally appreciate Alice's b-day cake more after feeling like I've had a tutorial in yo gabba gabba. I love how everything represents something. And seriously, I want an Olivia cake. She is darling and the whole cake is so cute! I want the bottom layer of that cake on something. Maybe it's a good thing we don't live closer. I think I'd want you to make me a cake every month...maybe every week. :)
Oh! And I love the baby shower cake! You know me and cows. :)
Post a Comment