Friday, December 23, 2011

Andy's 32nd Birthday

In August we celebrated Andy's 32nd Birthday. As usual when I asked Andy what he wanted to do for his birthday he said nothing so of course I ignored him and through a little family get together. Of course we had to celebrate Andy's birthday. Andy is amazing. He is so important to all of us and is loved by so many. I feel so lucky to call him husband and friend. Plus, no one can make me laugh like Andy can or put up with me like he does. Now with every birthday in my family my mom makes the best birthday sign. Oh, how I love her birthday signs. You know you have made it into the family if you get a birthday sign. The sign she made for Andy is my favorite by far.
We had a fun family dinner with Andy's family and my family. Andy's wanted hamburgers and his mom chocolate eclair cake so that is what he got.

Let me tell you there is a reason why the Andy has been requesting chocolate eclair cake for the last 9 years. It is AMAZING. You can't just eat one serving.
If you look at Alice's face here closely you can see that she also really enjoyed the chocolate eclair cake. She kept asking for more and more.
I love this picture of my dad. If you know my dad or have been around him you know he love love loves to take pictures with his phone. My brother in law Kurtis came up with the greatest name for it; Jondice. Isn't that hilarious. Kurtis cracks me up. Thank goodness my dad does take so many pictures. I am always forgetting my camera so I'm always glad when my dad sends me pictures he has taken, keeping track of the memories of our lives.
Now just some fun pictures from the party.


Even sweet Alley girl wanted in on the birthday fun. Man do we love this dog.
Sweet Alice loves to eat ice. If she could have her way all she would eat would be fruit snacks, cookies, corn dogs and ice and no that is not all she eats.
Alice loves her great grandma Bowman. They share a special little bond. I love to watch them interact with each other. It's just so sweet.
Andy's birthday was wonderful and even though he didn't want to celebrate it and he will never admit it, I think he enjoyed his party. On a side not in October I turned 30. Not so happy about it. Kind of avoided the whole thing. You know how I was talking about my dad's camera well this is the only picture from my little family birthday dinner.

4 comments:

Laine said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jyl and Andy! Does your MIL share recipes? I'd love to try the Chocolate Eclair cake! Merry, Merry Christmas to you! XOXO

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Andy's banner is amazing. I haven't had one in years. I wonder what that means... And the picture of dad cracks me up. It's so him. Jondice-definitely one of Kurtis' brilliant moments. And I love the obvious pleasure on Andy's face as he looks at his cake. It still weirds me out a bit that you are 30. That sounds really old. You don't seem that old. But I guess if it is any comfort at all, Shauna will be 34 in a couple months.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

P.S. Are you going to not publish my last comment because I put the word old in it by your age?

Shauna said...

Love Mom's signs and we too think Andy is amazing!
Little Beanie, yes I used your nickname, I just loved your your comment about me turning 34. Lovely. "Don't worry Jyl, at least your not nearly as old as Shauna!" Great!!! Good thing I love you so much!