One morning in March Andy woke up and was like, he let's go to this weekend. We used to do that all the time, but since we had Alice, we haven't been going. The month of march is the cherry blossom festival in DC, so we thought it would be fun to go. We left friday after work and came back saturday evening. I was excited for Alice to see the cherry blossoms, but on the way up it started raining and it never stopped. Most of the blossoms were gone by the time we woke up Saturday morning. Bummer , but that's life. Alice was super excited about riding the "train" the metro. See that face. That is when the train started pulling up.
Alice loved the whole ride into DC. She kept saying, "mommy I on a train. Choo Choo."We thought it would be fun to go to the natural history museum since it has the most amount of things Alice loves. Alice was in heaven. She just ran around pointing at things.
Her favorite part was the bugs. She even pet some kind of insect that looked like a leaf. I thought she would be too nervous to touch it, but I thought it would be fun for her to see it up close. Next thing I know she reaches out and touches it. What a brave kid.
After the bugs Andy took Alice in the butterfly exhibit to play with the butterflies. I'm guessing by the photos Alice loved it.
We were super hungry after the museum so we started walking around trying to find somewhere to eat. We ended up finding this place. Lincoln's Waffle shop across the street from the Ford's Theater. I looked like a dive we knew it was going to be good. It was awesome. The waffles where amazing, so was the hot dog, hamburger and country fried stake. We both decided when we go back to the Smithsonian's, we will be stopping at the Waffle shop again.
Our last stop on the way home was to visit my aunt Carolin. We lucked out and found her in the front yard getting ready to walk her dog Bart. Look how cute and big this dog is. The sweetest dog you will ever meet. He is a Bernese mountain dog. When alice stood next to him he was taller than her. As soon as he saw Alice he jumped in our car to say hi. I thought Alice would be scared, but she ended up being nervous happy to see him. We decided to join my aunt and bart for a walk. Alice loved petting him and he loved being pet. At one point Bart walked up to Alice and just placed his paw on Alice's chest. Down Alice went. His paws are about the size of an infants head. So it didn't take much to knock Alice down. I thought maybe alice would cry, but she didn't she actually laughed. I don't know why I always underestimate her. After a short but good visit with aunt we headed home in a huge huge rainstorm.
I think Alice must have really enjoyed her trip because every once in a while alice will ask if she can go to the zoo to see the lions and butterflies. Each time I have to think about what she is talking about, and then it dawns on my that she is talking about the natural history museum.











2 comments:
What a fun little getaway.
How fun. I'm glad you guys went. I didn't even know that you did go, so I'm double glad you did a post. :)
Post a Comment