My almost two month hiatus was from cakes. Yep, always cakes. Five cakes doesn't seam like a ton, but with being a mom and a wife they take up a lot of time, but I love making them. My first cake was for a football coach at Virginia Tech. His wife wanted to give him a football cake.
My next cake was a princess cake. I thought instead of just doing a castle cake, I would do a wonky castle cake.
Next was a gift cake. They wanted purple with a pink bow.
I thought for Easter it would be fun to make a cake and I have wanted to make this egg cake for a while, so since I was making the gift cake I thought why not take a few more minutes and make this egg cake. I think it only took about 30 minutes from start to finish. It was awesome.Last, and my favorite, was Andy's grandma's 90th birthday cake. Andy's grandma loves birds, flowers and the color blue, so I thought it would be so fun to combine them all together.
My favorite part were the flower petals on the bottom. I want to put them on every single cake I make.
I guess every year Andy's grandma gets a coconut cake for her birthday so I made a little mini bird house to go on her coconut cake.
Grandma's birthday was so wonderful and hopefully I will be getting some pictures soon so I can tell you all about it.








2 comments:
Fabulous cakes as always.
Lvoe all the cakes. The font on the football cake is awesome, castles look way better with wonky towers, I hadn't even noticed the legs sticking out of the egg before (that cracked me up), and Andy's Grandma's cake is gorgeous. I love everything about it, especially the petals. (Oh, and I love the mini cake, too.)
Post a Comment