I can't believe this, but this year we only had three snow days and I'm not sure two of them should even be considered snow days. More like dusted days. It was the craziest winter ever. It was pretty much warm all winter. I think I only had to wear a winter coat for about 2 weeks. That's just sad, but we did try to make the most of our snow days. So we are going to start on the second snow day. I know i should start on the first snow day, but the pictures ended up at the end and I'm to lazy to move them so second day here we go. Like I said maybe this should be called a dusting, but Alice was super excited. She put on her snow pants and boots all by herself and demanded we went outside. We thought it would be fun to take the dog too. Which Alice also thought was awesome.
We thought what better place to go in the snow, but the park. Not sure why, but we thought it was a good idea at the time.Let me tell you. Going down a slide covered with snow is a whole different experience. It was crazy fast. Not only is it fast, but when you you reach the end you shoot out like a cannon. I think Alice loved it and hated it. She must have thought it was kid of fun because she kept giving Andy kiss after kiss.
Alice also had a blast chasing Alley around in the dusting. Alley didn't think it was that fun, but Alice had a blast.
On the way home we even let Alice walk Alley for a little bit.
The third snow fall we got was actually enough to go sledding, so we all jumped in our snow clothes, or me, I jumped in like three layers of clothes and a pair of sweat pants (don't ask) and headed over to my parents house. They have the perfect hill for sledding. Oh, after we went to four different places trying to by sleds and finally we found them at Lowe's. This was Alice's first time sledding when she knew what it was. She was so excited. I wasn't sure if it would scare her, but she loved it.
We even thought it would be fun to attempt a family photo. Not sure why we even try. And no I'm not pregnant. Not sure why it looks like I am, but I'm not.
At first we made alice walk up the hill so we could ware her out and I think we did because she started just flopping into the sled waiting for us to pull her up the hill.
Andy even bought a little kid snowboard, which I couldn't ride and of course Andy found it a piece of cake.
Alice loved all the sledding except the end when she ended up with a ton of snow in her face. But alice found a solution to the problem. On the way down she just bulled her had down over her face. I thought that was pretty smart and it made me laugh.
One of Alice's favorite people in the whole world is Ellie also got to go sledding with us. Both of Ellie's parent work and some days when Ellie doesn't have school, but her parents have to work, we get the awesome opportunity of watching her. It makes Alice the happiest girl in the world. You would think these kids were sisters. The love each other like sisters and they fight like sisters. I love it. Alice and Ellie had a blast sledding together. If you look closely at Alice you can see her covering her face. Ellie also had a blast riding the the snowboard, but after this last picture, my camera died and I didn't get anymore pictures. You'll just have to trust me that Ellie was a rock star on the snowboard.
Later on the afternoon we also had the Durham's come over and sled with us. The bummer part was the snow was pretty much all gone by the time they got there. But let me tell you, that didn't stop those Durham boys from having a blast. The slid down the hill over and over again. By the end they were super muddy, but happy. It was an awesome day. Ok, back to our very first snow fall. Really it was just a dusting, but to Alice it was a snow fall. This was Alice's first snowfall that she could remember and you could tell she thought it was magical. In fact any time it was snowing Alice would pull a chair up to the back door so she could watch the snow fall. Back to the story. Alice had to get out in the snow and the first thing she wanted to do was touch it. When she touched it she just started to smile and laugh. Then she said it was cold. And yes that tiny bit of snow was all we got.
Not sure why I always take bum shots of the three of them, but for some reason they just make me happy.























2 comments:
At least we got one day to go sledding.
I've never even thought how awesome Mom and Dad's backyard would be for sledding...I only ever think about how awful it is for mowing. Loved the pictures. Did you notice in the one where Alice has her hat halfway over her face that the bottom half of her face looks exactly like what you looked like as a little girl?
Post a Comment