Easter was awesome this year. Alice was super excited when she woke up and found an easter basket waiting for her. The funniest part was she looked in and all she saw where suckers. She could have cared less about the rest of the stuff. We would point out something new and she would just pick up another sucker, smile, and say "sucker."But she was happy.
She also got all of the toy story characters her new favorite movie that we watch everyday. I am so thankful there are 3 movies so at least we can rotate.
After church we all met up at my in laws house. They were nice enough to let me basically plan an easter party at there house. There were a lot of people there. There was Andy, Alice & I, Andy's parent's and grandma, my parents & Catlin, Eric and his dog, the Durhams & the Andersons. It was a packed house which made it super fun. Just the right amount of kids running around. While we were waiting for people to arrive we hid all the easter eggs. I think we had about 130 eggs. I learned a lesson. Pay a little more money for eggs or you end up with eggs that close. It was hard hiding eggs when they were all popping over. Well, Alice saw the eggs and she wanted to pick them all up. She cried for about 5 minutes, begging to go outside, but we were waiting for a few more people so she just had to wait.
Finally everyone arrived and it was ready for the easter egg hunt. Last year when we tried to do an egg hunt all alice wanted to do was carry around the bucket. This year she loved picking up the eggs. The only problem was she had to open up every single egg before she could pick up a new one. I had filled the eggs with candy, stickers, bouncy balls, fruit snacks, quarters, & there was one special one that had a dollar in it that andy hid in a hard place hoping no one would find it. But someone did.
It was so fun watching all those kids running around. Grabbing as many eggs as they could carry. There was just enough eggs so everyone had plenty and even the real little one got about 10 eggs each.
Andy even treated us with his juggling skills. It's one of his hidden talents.
Grandma's watching all the kids run around.
Andy's cute grandma. Can you believe she just turned 90. I can't. She looks maybe 80 to me. Hope Alice takes after her.
Ben was the awesome finder of the dollar egg. I think he was happy.
After the egg hunt it was time to eat. And eat we did. There was tons and tons of yummy food. After we ate rachel surprised all the kids with bubble guns. They were perfect. The kids ran around for about an hour shooting everything thing with bubbles.
Kristine and Elicia just hanging out watching the kids go crazy with the bubbles.
Alice was so thrilled when the kids included her and let her sit with them on the wall while they played with there bubble guns. Alice loves older kids. Four and up are her favorite. She thinks they are so awesome and she wants to do everything thing that they do. Sometimes I think she doesn't realize she's just a little kid. She was in heaven this day.
So where you wondering where all the men where. Well, it was Master's weekend so they all where inside glued to the television and probably the food. I think everyone was happy.
Oh, and there was leftover honey baked ham (andy's parents bought a honey baked ham and they also smoked a ham on the big green egg) and Rachel let me take the whole thing home with me. If you didn't know Honey Baked Ham from Honey Baked Ham is one of my very most favorite things to eat. The whole time I was standing in line for food, I just kept reaching over and stuffing myself with the ham. YUMMY.

































3 comments:
How fun. The kids have such huge smiles on their faces.
So fun. My favorite picture is the one with Alice all by herself in the grass with the wind blowing her hair a bit. I love all her GIGANTIC smiles, though. Andy's parents must have done a total overhaul on the back of their house. The deck and porch/room thing are awesome. Can't wait to see it in person.
You guys had so much fun! I didn't even know about your big Easter get together. Just wish we would have been there! Love you and loved seeing pictures of my gorgeous niece!
Post a Comment