Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Food, Disney World & Last Day

On Wednesday while the guys went to a demo day at the golf show we went back to Downtown Disney for lunch at the Rain forest Cafe. Alice thought it was awesome. We sat near the elephants and every time they went off there was a lot of clapping and giggling from this little girl. Rachel also surprised her with this awesome frog cup full of smoothie. Did she like it?
 What do you think?
 Before, during and after we ate Alice had to walk around to look at all of the animals especially when it would rain, which by the way, was awesome. Oh and the food was DELICIOUS. As we were leaving the restaurant Alice spotted these adorable monkeys. I just loved her smile. So happy and sweet.
 After lunch we were off to the merry go round. Everyone loves a merry go round.  especially this one. Every time she would pass grandma Alice had to scream and wave. It cracked me up. After a little shopping Alice was super tired so we were headed back to the condo for a nap.
 That night we ate at the most amazing word fired pizza place. It was awesome oh and we went to one of my most favorite places in the world. Whole Foods. Man I love that place. Yep, I'm a dork, but I'm cool with it. The next day was another super fun day for Alice. Sea World. Oh yeah. We started our trip with the site of some awesome flamingos which Alice calls "amingos." She loved them and she talked about them for the rest of the day. In fact before we left she had to, and I mean had to have a tiny flamingo stuffed animal. Amigo still goes everywhere with us. After the amigos, we were off to see the seal show. It was a pirate show with seals. It was ok. At the end this giant super fat pink thing came out and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was a walrus. I never new they where pink and that blubbery. Kind of freaked me out a little.
 Next to the pirate show they had the seals and we got to feed them this really gross little fishes. Not my favorite part, but Alice loved it. The only problem was Alice couldn't throw the fish very far so the would drop basically straight down and the greedy birds in waiting ate them.
 After checking out some other awesome sea life we were off to sea the main attraction. The killer whales. I was a little nervous because we sat in the splash zone. Everyone around us had on ponchos, but I figured since we were sitting way to the side we were ok. The show started an man people were getting drenched, but I was right. Not  even a drop. Alice loved it every time the whales would jump. Alice would clap and cheer. She loved it. It was awesome.

 Guess what Alice got after the show. Yep more ice cream. Man this kid loves her ice cream. I couldn't blame her today. It was super hot.
 When I was a kid all sea world had was wild life. Not any more. Now they have roller coasters and an entire kid play zone with rides and fun things. First off, if you could guess the merry go round.
 It was a super cool merry go round. Each ride was a sea animal. Alice picked out this crazy blue fish. I think you can tell by the pictures how much Alice loved this ride.

 Next we road a choo choo which of course I got to ride with her and she was crazy over it. The whole time she kept yelling at grandma rachel, i ride a choo choo grandma. We then played in a pirate ship and then we were off to the splash park. I really didn't think alice would play in it. She isn't crazy about squirting loud water so I wasn't worried. first she started to just dip her toe in. Then she walked over the water.
 The next thing I know she is standing in the water getting soaked. She then ran around giggling and screaming having the time of her life. Ok, so now there are going to be a ton of pictures because they were all so cute I couldn't just pick one or two.

 They also had these water guns you could squirt people with. You can just imagine how much fun that was. Alice had a blasted shooting people and people shooting her. Who would have guessed.
 After about a half our of constant motion alice just plopped down right in the middle of the splash park. She was soaked and worn out, but crazy happy.

 Thank goodness for the super smart placement of a cart that sold shirts and towels and i just happened to bring an extra pair of shorts with me. Not sure why, I just did. I like to think it's my super mom power. After riding a couple more rides we were off to see the sharks. I thought Alice might me scared of them, but I was wrong. She thought they were awesome.
 Oh, and Alice picked her nose a lot this trip. Maybe the air was super dry not sure.
 Alice really wanted to go swimming with the sharks. It took some convincing to get her away from the shark tank. By this time we were all super hungry. So we were off in search for some food. Well, a hot dog to be exact. We couldn't find one anywhere. Finally after walking all around we decided we better just go home and feed Alice.
 But on the way out I really wanted to ride the Manta ray roller coaster. Let me tell you, I think it was one of the greatest roller coasters I have ever ridden. So you get in your seat and they strap everything in including her feet. The next thing I know the seat starts to tilt forward so now you are parallel to the ground. You just floating in the air. You basically fly for the entire ride. It's insane especially the part where you do a front flip. It was AWESOME. I wanted to ride it a hundred times.
 Not sure why this picture was misplaced, but I'm to lazy right now to change it. Yep, I was taking pictures with my camera and phone sending Andy who was at the golf show play by play photos of the day.
 On the way out of the park we stopped at a bakery and bought about one of everything. It was glorious. I love Sea World. The next day was a super chill day. We did a little shopping and swimming and mostly just hung out and had fun. Alice loved walking around the condo and throwing money into the fountain. We are so cheap. Since she couldn't throw the money very far we would just fish it out and let her throw it in again. Don't judge. You know you have done that too. That night we ate at the yummiest mexican restaurant. It reminded me of the Big Blue Burrito in Arizona (our very favorite restaurant that we ate at at least once a week. No joke). It was Delicious and made us all happy.
 Saturday was our last and final day in Florida so we were off to the Animal Kingdom. We (or maybe just me, not sure) were super excited about going. We all got loaded up in the car and all we had to do was make a pit stop for diapers and then we were on out way. Well, in the parking lot of Walgreen's Alice started to throw up. I think all the ice cream, popcorn, and hot dogs finally cot up with us. This is how we ended up spending the day.

Just hanging out watching winnie the pooh about one hundred times. It was a chill day, but it ended up being nice after such a busy week. Let me tell you. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD. Well, I guess i love orlando. We seriously had one of the greatest vacations ever and i can't wait to go back. Like tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

The splash park pictures are the best. It is obvious Alice loves water. I'm still a bit jealous of your vactation. I realize this kind of thing won't be fun for us for a couple more years, but I totally wish we could go with you when you go again. At least I can experience it through your pictures. :)