Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Playing Catch Up: Myrtle Beach

There are going to be tons and ton's of pictures in this one because I loved them all and couldn't decide. But who doesn't love a ton of pictures. This March my friend Kristine and her daughter Ellie joined Alice and I in Myrtle Beach for a long weekend. My parents just happened be down there to for a work thing so we all got to hang out. The weather was gorgeous, but the water was freezing, but don't worry. It didn't stop these crazy kids from getting in the water. Seriously. The water felt like a chilled glass of super cold ice water. Brr. 
Look Alice is surfing. Well, at least she thought she was. 
Now a couple with some awesome faces. This is why I laugh all day. 

Alice thought it was super fun to pick a fist full of sand and chuck it back in the ocean. It wasn't very productive, but it was fun.
Alice couldnt' wait to go to the beach. She loves the sand and the water. Once we made it to the beach she ran and jumped for hours. Pure happiness for her.

Ellie and Kristine. Man Ellie was an amazing kick board surfer and she looked so cute doing it. 
Grandma Janice helped the girls make an awesome sandcastle and then they turned it into a drip castle. I was actually amazed that Alice didn't just knock it down right away. She did eventually, but not immediately. 

Love Kristine texting while standing on the beach in front of the gorgeous ocean. Now just a ton of pictures. 





















The condo also has a kid pool (which was closed because they were putting in an awesome slide), a couple regular pools and then a lazy river. The kids loved the lazy river especially when Poppy (my dad) played bumper rafts.


Both evening we were there we had awesome food. One night we ate at my favorite seafood joint, Duffy's and the second night we ate at the mellow mushroom which has the yummiest pizza. On St. Patrick's day my parents watched Alice and Ellie for an hour while Kristine and I did a little shopping. I introduced Kristine to the world of Anthropologie, one of my favorite stores. While we shopped the rest of them played at the park, did a little shopping and ended up at Barnes & Noble where alice proceeded to drag a stool over she she could reach pooh. Or at least tried to reach him. Alice has a slight obsession with winnie the pooh.

That night Kristine, Ellie, alice and I went mini golfing. Alice had fallen asleep in the car on the way over so she slept for the first half of golf. I think Kristine and I shot the same score and Ellie was the fasted putter in the world. 
Finally when Alice woke up she thought it was super fun to get all the balls out of the hole at the end. Alice doesn't know her colors yet (unless you count that she says everything is blue) but she some how managed to get everyone the right ball at the end. I was impressed. 



I love the beach and I wish we were going back tomorrow. It's so relaxing and you can't help but be happy. Hopefully we will be spending a little more time there this summer.

3 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

holy crap. you guys seriously have the cutest little girls in the world. i mean it. alice's faces are awesome and ellie looks so athletic (probably like their moms, huh?). awesome pics.

Toni said...

I loves Alice's silly faces.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Love all the pictures. The best ones are the surfboard one and the silly faces that follow. So fun. Can't wait to join you this summer. Just wait til you see how stinking cute Little Mister looks in his suit and matching stetchy shirt (that is if it still fits at the end of July).