Ok, this is the best seven layer dip I have ever had. I is awesome. I made it for the fourth of july and it was so good I am sharing it with all of you. There are a lot of steps, but don't let that scare you. It only takes a few moments to put it all together. I like to use low fat or fat free ingredients. It does not change the taste. No one will know.
Layer One
1 (can) refried beans (I like to use fat free, you can use what you want)
1/2 of a package of taco seasoning
1. Mix together and put in a 9 by 13 inch pan
Layer Two
1 (8oz) container of sour cream (I use fat free of low fat)
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese ( I like to use 1/3 less fat)
1. reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream. Set aside.
2. Mix the left over sour cream and cream cheese together. Spread on top of the refried beans.
Layer Three
3 avocados
1 lime
reserved 1 1/2 tbsp of sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together to make guacamole. Layer on top of the sour cream mixture.
Layer Four
Top with one jar of salsa (minus the 1/4 a cup of salsa you used in the guacamole)
Layer Five
2-3 large tomatoes
1. Chop tomatoes and layer on top of the salsa.
Layer Six
Layer with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
Layer Seven
Top with chopped or sliced black olives.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or baked pita's.
Hint:
1. If you would like to make this dip a little hardier you can cook a 1/2 pound of ground beef and add it to the refried beans.

1 comment:
Yummy! I am a HUGE fan of 7 layer dip. Thanks for the recipe, I think I will make it for my girls night out party tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment