This year we celebrated the fourth of july at my mom and dad's house with a few other families from the ward. We had ton's of food and ton's of fun. I made the best seven layer dip ever. It was so good I posted the recipe after this post. You should try it. You wont be disappointed. Here we are after dinner watching the kids do poppers and sparklers. I think we only had one kid out of eight that grabbed the end of the sparkler. I think that is pretty good odds.
Had to post this picture of Andy to prove that he was there. He cracked me up that night. There was one kid that kept bringing him those poppers and then he started bringing him sparklers. The last sparkler the kid brought over he stood there long enough to see Andy light the bag of poppers with the sparkler. Yes, they pop when lit on fire. The kid then ran off to tattle on Andy to his mom. What a great example Andy can be. 
This is Jenn and Toni. They are two awesome women. Jenn is our Relief Society President (her husband is our new bishop) and Toni is our Primary President. I don't know how they juggle their calling and their families, but they seam to do it with ease
This is Teresa. I love love love her. She is so talented and creative. Her husband Mark works with my dad and Teresa is the secretary in our Relief society presidency.
My favorite part of the night was watching the kids run around with their sparklers. There were several of them running around screaming Happy Fourth of July. Woohoo! Even the older kids were running around squealing. We also got to watch the bishop almost burn himself when he thought one of the fireworks that he had lit didn't work, but when he reached down to check on it it started to spark and spin. Man can he jump. We got a great laugh out of that.
The best part of going to my parents house for the fourth of july is the fact that we can watch the town fireworks from there drive way. We don't have to fight the crowds at the high school yet we can get the entire experience front he front yard. All in all it was a great fourth.
This is Teresa. I love love love her. She is so talented and creative. Her husband Mark works with my dad and Teresa is the secretary in our Relief society presidency.
My favorite part of the night was watching the kids run around with their sparklers. There were several of them running around screaming Happy Fourth of July. Woohoo! Even the older kids were running around squealing. We also got to watch the bishop almost burn himself when he thought one of the fireworks that he had lit didn't work, but when he reached down to check on it it started to spark and spin. Man can he jump. We got a great laugh out of that.
The best part of going to my parents house for the fourth of july is the fact that we can watch the town fireworks from there drive way. We don't have to fight the crowds at the high school yet we can get the entire experience front he front yard. All in all it was a great fourth. 
2 comments:
The food was super yummy! I know my family enjoyed the fireworks.
Bug a boo. Sorry, I have been reading and enjoying all of your posts but I haven't had a chance to comment on them yet. Where do I start. How about my neck of the woods! We loved, loved, loved, (did I say love?)loved havin you guys come and stay with us. What memories we have & I am so glad that we have the pictures to preserve the memories. It is heaven for me when I get to be around you guys. I miss you all so much. Now for baby, can I say the name yet? I am so happy for you guys & I can't wait for my new neice to get here. The girls & I have already been doing a lot of shopping. We are so excited! That dip looks delicous & I can't wait to try it. The cakes are awesome as usual & I have your Dr. Seuss cake on my blog right now. Fourth of July looked fun! You will have to check out pictures of our fourth on my blog. Love you & miss you guys!
Post a Comment