Wednesday, October 21, 2009

35 Weeks

I will actually be 37 weeks this Friday, but this picture is from 35 weeks. Well, there HOPEFULLY will only be three more weeks to go. Everything is going well with the pregnancy. I have finally stopped gaining weight. In fact the last two appointments I didn't gain any. I guess that is partially due to the fact that I am no longer standing on my feet everyday so I'm only half as swollen. I can't tell you how much better I feel now that I'm not standing up for eight hours. My feet no longer fill like they are about to burst, I no longer feel cramping all day and I have a little more energy. On Friday I felt my very first round on contractions. It was kind of crazy. On Friday I finished my last cake and after the lady drove away with the cake, I told my belly, "OK, I'm all done, you can come now." That night when I started filling contractions I just laughed. Hopefully this is a good sign that someday this child will want to come out of my belly. At my appointment on Tuesday the doctor checked my cervix and said I am dilated only a centimeter, but that is what to be expected at 36 weeks. I now plan on walking a ton and doing tons of squats. I am still measuring about a week and a half early, but no big deal. That is also normal. I have been feeling the nesting thing people are talking about. The babies room is almost done, I have almost finished cleaning the whole house including closets and I have done all the laundry for the baby. Well, the 0-3 months clothes. Hopefully she will actually be able to wear those things. I was almost 10 pounds when I was born. My mom said I skipped 0-3 months and went straight into 3-6 months. Let's just hope she wants to come a little early. I turn 28 on Saturday and it would have been awesome to have her early just so I could say I was 27 for Andy and my first child. I really don't think that is going to happen, but a girl can wish. 

3 comments:

Ioana said...

You seriously have one of the cutest bellies ever! Good luck with the labor!!! I'm so excited to see pics of your sweet little princess!

Toni said...

So exciting. I can't wait to see the baby blessing dress.

J, K, L, and D said...

You are one of the most pretty pregnant women I've ever known. I'm serious - and honest.

Hope you're well...