Friday, October 16, 2009

Done Working

I am officially done with work. I finished my work at the country club a week ago and today I finished my last cake at home. Well, my last cake at home until January. I'm hoping by then I will have enough of a routine that I will be able to start doing cakes from home again. This cake is for a progressive tailgate thing where they go from house to house for appetizers, main course and dessert. They will then watch the Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech game.  I of course am providing the dessert. 
I love making this hokie bird, he is just so fat.  
Buzz, Georgia Tech's mascot.
You can't forget the back side of the cake. Those little brown things, if you haven't figured it out, are little footballs. Buzz is also holding a little football. 
The woman that ordered the cake really wanted to incorporate a beehive. It was a little tricky trying to figure out how to incorporate the beehive with football things, but in the end I was really happy with it. Andy thinks it looks like the hokie bird is using the hive as a toilet. Just to throw that out there. 

3 comments:

Shauna said...

So cute. It's my newly featured cake on my blog. I did it, I finally updated and revamped my blog. Don't worry, it's only 4:30am and NO I haven't gone to sleep for the night. I am going to be one tired mama tomorrow. I can't believe I can somehow still type. Love you bug!

Ioana said...

I LOVE your cakes!!! So beautiful! I loved Andy's comment about the turkey on the behive.LOL

Mull Family said...

That is amazing! I was watching this show called Amazing wedding cakes, and I swear, your cakes are better and cooler than the ones on that show! You should have your own show to display all of your awesomeness!