Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower on Friday October 2nd. It was so wonderful. My mom threw it for me with the help of some of her friends. I thought there would be about 10 maybe 15 people there, but at the end of the night we counted 35. I couldn't believe it. All of those people came out to support me. It was very overwhelming, but in a wonderful way. We had wonderful food from my mom, Neoma Hall, Barbara Falls, and Pam Sundberg. Here are some pictures of some of the awesome ladies that came out to support me. I have such an awesome ward family. I truly feel blessed. 
Andy's Aunt Dee Dee even made it out. She is the lady in the black. Andy's mom and sister came too, but they didn't get there until after the pictures were taken. Andy's grandma had her heart shocked that morning and they didn't release her from the hospital until 6:30, so Rachel and Kimmie made it just in time for food and presents. 
Everyone kept asking if I was going to make my own cake for the shower, of course I didn't want to. That would be like making your own birthday cake. After hinting for three months to my friend Toni about making a cake she finally offered. Didn't it turn out wonderful. I love the baby booties on top. Not only was it so cute it tasted amazing. There was only one piece left the next morning. Of course that is what Andy and I had for breakfast. Oh, and the cake was both vanilla and chocolate. 
Here is Toni. She is the one in the grey. Thank you again Toni. You are awesome. I now know who to call when I need an assistant. 


Now, I am not a person that likes to open presents in front of people. I have never been good at showing how much I love something so it puts added pressure on me. I tried to get my friend Jenn's daughter to help open them, but she would only bring the presents to me, so I had to do it all my myself. I couldn't believe how everyone spoiled me. It was just one thing after the other. I also couldn't believe how talented the women in my ward are. People crocheted me blankets, my friend Becky made me the cutest hate in the whole world, I had quilts made and even a tooth fairy pillow. I had never heard of one. It is a small pillow with a pocket on front that you put the tooth in. When the tooth fairy comes, she takes out the tooth and leaves the money in the pocket. How cute is that. By the end we all decided that this little girl will be one of the best dressed kids on the block. 
After opening presents for what seemed like hours the party was over. I still can't believe how nice and generous everyone one was. I truly felt special and really excited to be a mom that night

3 comments:

Lara said...

How fun!! I am glad that you were spoiled and had an enjoyable time. You are going to be such a great mom!

J, K, L, and D said...

So I am totally sad I didn't get to come to your shower - I didn't even find out about it until the day AFTER it happened. (I've been out of church for awhile - sick & out of town, so I guess I didn't hear about it!) I'm sorry. :( But I'm glad you had fun!

So...I know you don't want to hear this, but you should totally have the baby on 11/14. It's my bday. ;) Just kidding, of course!

And can I be your cake assistant? I am in love with baking, but have never learned to make cakes. Or maybe I can come & just stare while you make it - that would be enough for me.

Oh yeah. You probably want to have your baby & stuff first. Nevermind. :)

Ioana said...

The Christiansburg ward is one of the best wards ever!!! And YOU so deserve to be spoiled! You are awesome, Jill!