Thursday, October 8, 2009

Laura's Wedding

September 19th, after seven long years of dating, my cousin Laura got married. It was such a wonderful wedding. My parents and I got there on Friday so we could be there for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Andy had his first week being a foreman, so he couldn't leave early on Friday so he met us that night in DC just in time to eat. We ate at this fabulous Italian restaurant. They have a small side building that you can rent out, so it was just us. The food was wonderful and there were a ton of laughs. That night we also played, guess Jyl's due date. My aunt Caroline picked October 16th or the 25th, I picked October 26th, my dad picked October 19th, my mom picked some time in the first week of November and Andy refused to play. If any of you are wondering I my due date is November 13. We are all hoping this baby comes early. 
The wedding was on Saturday at 11:00. Andy was very proud of his outfit. He picked it out all by himself. In fact, we actually went shopping for a new shirt and tie just for the wedding and it was all his idea. The suit is the same suit he wore for our wedding. Yep, can you believe that. 
My cousins dress was gorgeous. I have never seen anything like it. My favorite part of the whole outfit had to be the shoes. I'm hoping to get them when she gets tired of them. 
Here is the groom, Chris. Isn't it fun to see what the groom looks like as there bride is walking down the isle. They were both so happy. 
My cousin was cracking me up when she was walking down the isle. Unlike most brides that walk quietly down the isle, she was laughing, saying hi, grinning and giving people thumbs up. I loved it. She looked gorgeous and the ceremony was lovely. 
After the wedding we all rushed to old Clifton for the reception. It was in a really old restaurant right on main street. We got set at the random table and it was awesome. I think my aunt put us there because she knew I talked a lot and since none us knew each other it wouldn't be uncomfortable. We laughed for two hours straight. Here is her wedding cake, and no I didn't make it. I was going to, but when my aunt found out I was going to be eight months pregnant for the wedding she told me not to worry about it and got some lady up there to do it. I really wish I could have done it, but my aunt was right. It would have been to much for me to do at eight months pregnant. 
I had to throw this in. I was so swollen, but I want to remember what we looked like that day. I am 32 weeks pregnant. After the reception we all went back to my Uncles house to chill then that night my aunts cousin threw a picnic  for the bridal party and all of the out of town guests. The food was wonderful. I thought it was a great way to end a great day. The next morning we woke up early said good-bye to my cousin (there were off to Switzerland for there honeymoon) and then came home. 

2 comments:

Lara said...

Jyl, you are beautiful! You don't look swollen to me. Okay, I am going to guess November 8th.

J, K, L, and D said...

Jyl, you are so beautiful!