Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Shower 2 and The Dress

Last week on October 11th my in laws gave andy and I a diaper shower. It was at the Farm House (a local restaurant). It was so much fun. We had about 50 people there and really great food. Well, at least that is what I was told, I never really made it to that side of the room. Andy was the camera man, but he ended up not taking any pictures. Luckily Rachel did, so when I get those pictures I will do a whole post on the baby shower. All in all  it was awesome and here is just a little bit of what we got. 
Yes, those diapers stack all the way up to the ceiling and that is not all of them. Every time I look at them it makes me smile. When I think of a diaper I think of dollars and that is a whole lot of dollars I spend spend elsewhere. On Saturday my mom and I decided to start on the baby blessing dress. Here is my wedding dress. 
Here is my mom cutting up my wedding dress. Yes, I wanted to turn my wedding dress into a baby dress. What else do you do with a wedding dress. I could have just left it in a bag and when my kids got older they would probably try it on, but what are the chances of one of the kids wanting to actually where it, now it gets recycled into something new. Something that my kids can use and maybe even their kids. My dress was beautiful. It served it purpose but now it will serve a whole new purpose. I can't wait to see the way it turns out. I know it's going to be beautiful. And there is enough left over for part of a baptism dress and even a little boys outfit if we end up ever having a little boy, which I doubt. Passic's just seem to always have girls. 
My mom was dying when she was cutting up the dress. She just kept saying, are you sure you want to do this, are you sure. I kept telling her yes, this is what I want. I want my dress to be used over and over again. First she started just cutting up the bottom, but she almost died when I told her to make the top of the dress out of the top of my dress. I think she may have even shed a tear. When she finishes the dress I will do another post. 

2 comments:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I'm getting so excited. I officially have my ticket, and I can't wait to see this cute baby! Woohoo! Do you realize I will be seeing you in a month?!!! :) I was wondering what you were going to do about a blessing dress, adn I was going to ask you the next time we talked. I guess now I know. I think it is awesome! Sister Andreasen made the twins their blessing dresses and the front panel on the top of their baptism dresses out of her wedding dress. I think it is the coolest idea. Can't wait to see the finished product (and the baby's room!). Love you! ~Wein

Lara said...

I am trying to figure out what to do with my wedding dress too. I have thought of making blessing outfits - I think that is a good idea. Now if I can find someone to make one for me I just might do that. I can't wait to see what this little dress looks like!