Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baptism, Birthday, and TV

Since standing up right now is not my favorite thing to do right now I haven't been doing as many cakes. It just hurts to much, but I haven't quit completely. I do one cake a week instead of three of four. My first cake was for a little girl in our ward that was turning eight. Her mom wanted a cake that would focus on her baptism. The little girl wanted chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate frosting. When she saw the cake she said she loved it. I told her I wish I would have seen what her dress looked like before I made the cake so I could match it. She said, "why, I think it's perfect the way it is." All I could do was hug her and give her a great big kiss on the head. That made making the cake so perfect. 
My second cake was for my friend Larami's daughter. She was turning five. Larami said when her daughter got home and saw the cake she said, "oh a present." Then she looked at it a little closer and said, " no it's not, it's my cake." Her favorite colors are blue, purple and orange. It was fun trying to get all of those colors to work together. My favorite part of the cake was the payment. Larami took me out to get a pedicure as a thank you. I loved it even though I laughed most of the time. In fact, I was giggling so hard I thought I would accidentally kick the guy in the face. 
Last but not least I have to give a shout out to Andy. My uncle gave my parents a new flat screen TV so andy thought it would be a fun surprise my parents by mounting it above the fireplace. He put the cords through the wall and everything. 
I loved this. andy is six feet tall and the space he had to lay in was about four feet. I made me laugh each time he had to squeeze in the space. He would always end up wedged in one position and it would take him a while to get out of it. I, of course, being the very loving wife that i am had to take pictures of him when he was so uncomfortable. Even though  it was such hard work for Andy, the outcome was wonderful. 

1 comment:

Toni said...

The cakes look great. That was so nice of Andy to mount the TV for your parents. What a great son-in-law.