Kimmie and my in-laws are not going to be here for my birthday on Saturday. They are driving Kimmie out to Arizona for one of her rotations for medical school. She will be there for four weeks. Since they couldn't be here for my actual birthday they decided to celebrate it before they left. They brought over taco salads and we had smores for dessert. I think it was Andy's family's first time using our fire pit. It was a great night. That night I also got some early birthday presents. Kimmie got me a gift card to Tivan, a salon and spa here and Andy's mom got me something that will help me with all of this.
Yes, Andy and I have a year supply of wheat, but have had no way to grind it. For the last two years I have been asking for a wheat grinder for my birthday and Christmas, but I think people thought I was joking. Well, this year I finally got one and I love it. It is a Blendtec Kitchen Mill. When I first opened it I didn't know what it was. I had only seen one wheat grinder before the Nutramill, and this doesn't look anything like it. Once I finally realized what it was I was so excited. I finally can use my wheat. The very next day I had to try it. It was awesome. It grinds three cups of raw wheat in about a minute and the bottom holds up to 24 cups of ground wheat. It's amazing. Rachel said it was really loud, but it's really not any louder than if you ground ice in a blender.



5 comments:
Ah! I am so jealous! I have been asking for a wheat grinder too and haven't gotten it yet. *sigh* I would love to get my hands on your bread recipe! :)
So exciting. I need a grinder too, but they are so expensive. The bread and cookies look yummy!
I have the same grinder and I LOVE it! It is so easy and compact. Have fun with it:)
Happy Belated birthday Bug! I tried calling you yesterday... hope you got the message. How are you doing? I hope I get a call or text as soon as you are going into labor. Good luck! Love you tons!!!
Hey jyl- i did call you on your birthday and you didn't call me back...you better be having that baby (and lettin' me know) Miss ya love ya! =)
Post a Comment