The picture on the left is 38 weeks and the picture on the right is 39 weeks. Yes, I am still pregnant. Uncomfortably pregnant. Each time I go into the doctors office he always says, "I can't believe that baby is still in you." She has been ready to go for about four weeks now, yet she just doesn't want to do anything. I think she is now comfortable being a pretzel and doesn't want to be untwisted. My last appointment the doctor said I was dilated to a two. At this rate of a half a centimeter a week I won't be having this baby until the end of January. The good news is he said my cervix is soft and I lost a pound. Oh, how I love watching that scale go in reverse. I have been concerned and so has my doctor of the size of this baby. Once again I was measuring a week and a half early and if you take into consideration I was almost a ten pound baby, it would make you a little worried. He decided just to be on the safe side I should have an ultrasound to see the size of the baby. He said if it should her in the 95% then we would talk about taking the baby early. Obviously that didn't happen. She measured 45% so there is no hope for an early delivery. I guess it's just a waiting game. My doctor said as long as mom and baby are doing well he lets you go as much as two weeks over your due date. Yeah. One funny thing that my friends pointed out this weekend. If this child comes on her due date it will be Friday the thirteenth. That really made Andy smile. 

The nursery kind of got put on the back burner as we turned our attention to the rest of the house. Baby proofing is hard work. You think you have everything covered and then a little kids comes over and makes you realize you have only just begun. Well, after months of working on the rest of the house the babies room is still not completed, but it might just be good enough for right now. My biggest thing is I can't decide what to do above the crib. We kept the room gender neutral. Not for any reason. I just wanted to have a room that was calming. I think we achieved that. Now if you opened the closet doors you would see that her clothes are not gender neutral. Pink, purple, and lots of frills. 


This part is for me so I remember. Craving's really haven't been a problem throughout my pregnancy. Now food aversions have been. The first six months I didn't want to eat anything and this last half I have not wanted to eat any vegetables. I pretty much have survived on fruit and cereal. Now the last couple weeks has been a completely different story. All I want are cookies, candy corn and especially fried pies and donuts. We have these things called Nancy's fried pies. They are made by a woman locally and they sale them at a couple gas stations around here. Well, the other day i stopped in and bought five. The lady was like, "wow, that's a lot of fried pies. You must really like them. Are they all for you." I of course laughed and lied, "No, there not all for me, I thought I would surprise my husband. He loves them." I think Andy maybe got one. After my disappointing appointment last week I decided the only thing that could make me feel better were donuts so the same experience happened again, except there were only four donuts not five, but this time Andy got nothing. The worst part of that was that was all I ate that day. After four donuts I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat for the rest of the day. I can't wait to have this child and get back to a normal eating pattern. In fact, I can't wait until I can taste food again. For some reason everything tastes the same except donuts. Well, only five more day until my hopeful due day.

6 comments:
Perhaps Alice is a diva and will only come when she's ready! I love the crib sheets and curtains.
She'll come soon; maybe she's just too comfortable in there.:)
I love the nursery! We also use a dresser drawer as a changing table. They're so much better.
Good luck with the birth!!!
keep thinking of you...love your belly...it's so perfect!
Oh, Jyl! Hang in there!! Hopefully she will come very soon.
Buggy, I LOVE the room! (And I think that the clothes I gave the baby are going to match the room...especially the bedding...quite nicely. :) ) I'm I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so excited to see you, and the baby, and her room, and your whole rearranged house. Just a couple weeks!!! :) Thanks for posting picures. Love you! ~Wein
Hang in there! I've been dying to hear what was happening, so thank you for FINALLY updating your blog. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. Best of luck! And tell Dr. Roberts hello! Love you!
Post a Comment