Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Shower and Birthday

Last month Andy's parents threw us a diaper shower. It was awesome (I posted about the diapers a few weeks ago). I couldn't believe how many diapers we walked away with. It's so nice to know that we probably wont have to buy diapers for the first six months. The shower was at a restaurant called the Farm House. I didn't know they had such nice banquet rooms, but they were beautiful. Andy's family had decorated it with a Jungle theme. There were jungle stuffed animals all over the room. At the end of the night we let the little kids that were there pick out a stuffed animal to take home. I also kept a couple for us. The night was great fun and I heard there was great food. I never made it to that side of the room, but people kept talking about how good the prime rib was and how much they loved the taco bar. I did get to sample the fruit table. That was on my side of the room. I couldn't believe how many people came out to support us. I think there were about 50 of us total. Here are just a few of the wonderful people that came out to celebrate with us. 
This was at the end of the night when I finally got to sit down. My feet were so swollen, but that is the price to pay for having fun. As you can see we were all beat. It was a wonderful night and I felt so blessed and really happy when it took two cars to carry all the diapers home. 
I turned 28 on the 24th of October. I can't believe I'm 28. Only a couple more years until 30. You know when your younger you always dream about being in your 20's. For some reason that is what I thought would be the golden years of my life. I have to admit, I never ever dreamed of being 30. That just never entered my mind. I don't know why, it just never did. Well, I guess I will have to face that in just a couple years. This year for my Birthday I was able to celebrate it twice. The first was a couple days before with Andy's family. Andy's family were leaving the day before my birthday to drive Kimmie (andy's sister) out to Arizona for one of her medical rotations, so we decided to celbrate early. Andy's mom brought over taco salads and then we had s'mores for dessert. Oh how I love roasting marshmallows over a fire. Andy of course had a challenging time building a fire. He should have gone to girls camp. Me of course with my six years of girls camp game him a few pointers and in no time we had a fire.  
Kimmie and Michael. There were extra chairs, but I think they were trying to get as much together time as possible since they would be apart for a month. 
Mmmmm s'mores. I think I had about four and of course I was sick. That is what always happens after eating s'mores. You never stop until you are sick. 

My second celebration was at my moms house on my birthday. My mom invited some of our friends over for dinner and celebration. For some reason I always want the same thing for my birthday. Lasagna. I love my moms lasagna and I only have it once a year. On my birthday. Last year for some reason I felt like a Mexican night for my birthday and I think I was the only one that enjoyed it, so this year we went back to tradition. Oh, and to top it off we had my favorite pumpkin cake for dessert. It's like pumpkin pie but instead of crust there is cake. It is wonderful. All in all it was a great birthday even though 30 seams so close. 

3 comments:

Shauna said...

It looks like you had two wonderful showers. I am just sad that I wasn't able to be there for them. Love ya!

J, K, L, and D said...

I turn 29 on Saturday & I am freaking out...mostly because I had always planned being a mom by the time I was 30 (but then again, I had planned on being married at 24, and that didn't happen). :)

Chin up - we can be terrified of the 30s together!

Laine said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jyl!