Saturday, November 14, 2009

Quilts

For all you that where wondering I am still pregnant. I guess this little girl takes after my moms side of the family. They are always late. I'm thinking I am going to make it to Thursday when Dr. Roberts wants to induce. The good thing that has come out of all this waiting time is I finally finished two quilts that I have been working on for the last five months. I bought the first quilt fabric the first time I went out and visited my sister in Seattle. I finally decided five months ago to put it together. 
It is a log cabin pattern. My favorite part of the quilt is the prairie points. I have always thought they were so cute. I had a blanket when I was a child that had prairie points and I loved playing with them so when I found this pattern I had to buy it. 
The back of the quilt is pink with colorful flowers. 
My second quilt is one that I am most proud of. I made the pattern up all by myself. The fabric matches the baby bedding. It started out as a jelly roll. I sowed the strips together then cut them into squares. 
I then cut those up and made this pattern. Quilting took forever. I don't think I will ever do this much quilting again. It took way to long, but I love thew way it turned out. 
The back of the quilt is the curtain fabric. I am glad to have these quilts done. Now I just have to decided what I want to do next. 

7 comments:

Laine said...

wow, wow, wow! Those are amazing! i'm sorry you're still pregnant. I guess you'll go into labor sometime Monday night. :) I hope I'm wrong and you go into labor NOW. :)

Lara said...

I am totally impressed!! I didn't know you can quilt! So awesome! I love them both and I know your little one will too! Good luck with the next few days!

Stan and Mel said...

You sewed all those little scraps of material together. What an accomplishment. I probably just would have gone and bought a quilt. You baby girl will love it...or is it for you?

Shauna said...

Bug, These quilts are gorgeous! I love them. You know I have always wanted to make a quilt but I don't see that happening any time soon. I should probably learn how to sew first, right? I can't wait to see the quilts in person. Good job! I hope you are still doing o.k. Maybe Alice is just waiting to be born on Adalyn's birthday. We love you.

Mull Family said...

So awesome! Way to go Jyl!

Toni said...

The quilts look great!

Hollie said...

Ok, those quilts are AWESOME!!!! I LOVE the one you just made up! Wow! Very Very Very impressive! Way to go Jyl!