Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I think I'm going crazy

Today I had a doctors appointment. After Dr. Roberts checked my cervix her told me everything was looking good. I am still only dilated to a 2 but he said my cervix is really soft and my uterus has dropped. That explains why I feel like I've been a punching bag down there for the past week (sorry, maybe to much information). He said everything looked great and if I wanted we could induce on Thursday (my due date is Friday). Now this is going to be surprising, I even surprised myself, but I said no. After talking about it a little with Dr. Roberts I decided it would be better to let this little one come when she is ready. If she doesn't come by my next appointment on Tuesday, he said it would be a good idea to induce me then. He said it isn't a good idea to go more than 41 weeks. Oh, I hope I don't regret this when Thursday rolls around. I think I must be going crazy. Who says no to getting a baby out early. For some reason I just feel that she will come when she is ready. 

9 comments:

Shauna said...

I love you nutty sister. Hang in there! I am getting so excited.

Toni said...

If you think Alice needs to come when she is ready, then go with it. Never doubt mother's intuition.

J, K, L, and D said...

Maybe she should come on Saturday...my bday...
;)
Hope you're well otherwise. You're in my thoughts & prayers for a safe & healthy delivery!

Ioana said...

I'm with Toni on this one: a mother's intuition is the best. She'll come when she's ready. Good luck!!!

Laine said...

Jyl, I did not want to be induced either. Sadie came two days after my due date...when she was ready. It's great that you're already progressing...it'll make it that much easier for when you go into labor. We are so excited! Nicole will send you an email today or tomorrow...prayers coming your way...elaine

Mull Family said...

It's a little crazy, but I totally understand. There can be more complications and a greater chance of having to do a c-section when you induce. If that little girl hasn't come by next week, you can always change your mind!

The Charters said...

Wow Jyl, I must say that I am impressed. I have never said no to being induced. You must be tougher that I am. I am excited for you. Little girls are really fun!

M and B said...

Hey, you know I'm rooting for you. Being overdue is no fun (especially the looks you get when you tell people how overdue you are...), but she'll come when she's ready :) Good luck!

Keri said...

I soooo sympathize... see http://bklow.blogspot.com/2008/11/still-pregnant.html?zx=a32a761b7a6e5f81. You are amazing to decide to still be pregnant. I'm a whimp:) Good luck the next few days!