Andy and I went to DC this weekend to bring my uncle a cake (see next post) and to kidnap my cousin Laura for the day. It was short but well worth it. I love to go to the Smithsonian's. I never get sick of them. I'm like a little kid running around yelling look at this and look at that. This is a picture out side the National Museum of the American Indian. I had to take a picture of these. I would have loved to make them and I would love to have them in my back yard. (oh, that's my cousin Laura. She is awesome.) Andy bought me a cookbook there (I love cookbooks, I read them like novels) so here comes the fry bread.

We just happened to be up there for the begging of the Cherry Blossom festival. Aren't the cherry blossoms beautiful. This is Andy outside the National Gallery of Art. Andy and I love art. Especially modern, contemporary and installation art. This museum is like a playground for us, plus it has all the classics, which is just amazing to see. They don't call the masters for nothing.

I love Alexander Calder. He is and was an amazing artist. He did beautiful sculptures and amazing mobiles (and many more things, but these are what he's best known for) that you can see all over the National Gallery of Art museum and the Hirshhorn Museum. This is once again my cousin Laura and I standing in front of a Calder sculpture. Isn't it beautiful. Now if you are thinking oh, i would love to see one of these museums I would suggest the Hirshhorn Museum and sculptural gardens. It is so amazing and you never know what you are going to get. They are always changing the exhibits and they always have some mind blowing installation art. We spend 20 minutes watching one of the exhibits; 20 MINUTES. It was all about chain reaction. It was awesome. You have to go.

We also decided to go to the National Museum of Natural History. OK, I thought I was over dinosaurs, no way. I ran around saying; that is so cool, you have to look at that, that's amazing. It was like I was 6 again. Poor Andy and Laura. I probably embarrassed them, but I couldn't help myself. Oh, and girls we saw the hope diamond. Oh, I wish.
All in all the trip was a ton of fun we were able to see family, art and dinosaurs. Oh, and I forgot about the bugs. Bugs never get boring. I just love the Smithsonian's. They have so much to offer, it's entertaining and it's free. Thanks cousin for all the fun. I love you. A word to anyone within a days drive of DC or if you are visiting there, GO, don't pass up the opportunity. You won't regret it. 
5 comments:
Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm glad your back safe!
I am so jealous! I love D.C., and I wish I could have been there with you guys and Laura. Did you surprise her, or did she know you were coming? It's kind of weird that you look more like Laura than you like Shauna or me. Seeing the cherry blossoms made me miss Virginina even more. You don't know how lucky you are.
~Snitzel
P.S. I bet Uncle loved the cake, too.
P.P.S. Oh, and I'm completely, completely jealous that you got to go down into Dad's mine. I've always thought that would be cool. I want to see pictures. Did you see Dinosaur tracks on the walls or ceilings?
Oh, my...I don't think I can write or spell today. Ignore the mistakes and it is Virginia that I miss, not the unknown state of Virginina. :)
I love cherry blossoms. We went to DC last weekend and there were hardly any and when we go in a next weekend they'll all be gone :(
Glad you had a good time.
You guys look a lot alike.
Post a Comment