Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mckenzie & Gary

Yesterday was my Mckenzie's 3rd Birthday. (she is my friend Hollie's kid) She loves Gary from sponge bob square pants. For some reason this is the character that she identifies most with. Gary's only form of communication is to meow, so Mckenzie goes around meowing. She cracks me up. If you haven't guessed I made her a Gary cake for her birthday. If you have ever watched the show I'm sure you will recognize him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

So here is Gary. We have passive gary, happy gary and I'm not so happy that you ate half of me gary (that was hollie's husband Ryan's idea totally cracked me up). Oh and if you have watched the show you might notice the awesome mushroom looking things. Every once in a while they will be scattered on the ground. They were my very favorite part.




















 


















I made cupcakes to go with the cake using my leftover decotations. Mckenzie's favorite part of cake is the frosting and what better way to get frosting then from a cupcake. What Mckenzie wants Mckenzie gets. 

4 comments:

Hollie said...

The amazing Jyl does it again!!!!! That cake was awesome!!!! Sorry, you had to see it sliced open:) It sure taste good too. Anyway, you are amazing and there is nothing you can't do. Oh, and just so you know.....you are Mckenzie's Jyl. She loves you probably more than you know!

Thanks for the amazing cake!!!! We love you!!!!

Mull Family said...

Adorable cake, and adorable little girl! It sounds like you are so sweet to her... I think you need to start trying for one of your own! (Maybe I should call Andy and try to convince him?) love ya!

Laine said...

You amaze me. I snuck over to HOllie's blog to look at her pictures there and boy is that mackenzie CUTE! When I told Nicole the snail meowed like a cat she said, "In real life?" LOLOLOL. She thinks your cakes are amazing too.

Stan and Mel said...

that cake is awesome!! How long did it take you to make?