Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa

Today was a big day for us. Andy's parents and I took Alice to see Santa. I wasn't going to do it (I kept thinking about the scary Santa part in The Christmas Story. You know what I'm talking about), but Andy thought it would be fun so I said ok. Well, I wasn't sure what Alice would think of Santa. I was so afraid that she would ball her head off. At first she just stared at him, then Rachel got her to sit on his lap. It was only for about 5 seconds, but that's all it took to get this picture. She was then done and wanted to get down. She didn't cry, but she was done. Santa was so sweet and gave Alice not one but two candy canes. Alice was very happy. What a nice Santa, he really was nice. He wasn't in your face HO HOing or really pushy and annoying. He was kind and spoke softly to the kids. Exactly how Santa should be. It also helped that his facial hair was real. That fake stuff is creepy. I was really proud of Alice for being such a big girl and and for smiling for the camera. She made her mom and grandparents very happy. Her grandpa rewarded her with her very first soft pretzel and she loved it. I mean she LOVED it. I think she ate a half of one all by herself. Thanks grandma and grandpa for such a fun day.

2 comments:

Toni said...

A perfect picture!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I'm so glad you went, and I can't believe you got a picture of her actually looking at the camera. So fun and how nice to have her first Santa experience be a good one. I'm glad to know that Alice fits in with the rest of us...I love pretzels...I haven't had one in forever, but it actually sounds good. :) Love you! ~Wein