I tried going to college 3 times before I decided it just wasn't for me. One day I woke up and just decided I was going to culinary school. Poor Andy. He never knows what to expect from me. I went to the Arizona Culinary Institute in Scottsdale, AZ. Now five years later I am a pastry chef at a country club and I have a part time business doing cakes from my home. I never thought I wanted to be a pastry chef, I only wanted to be a cook, but her I am and I love it. Here are some photos of my most recent cakes.
This was for a women's birthday. Here daughter described her as sophisticated and she likes bling.
His hat says delivery.
This was for a baby shower. I hope you enjoy the stork. I just love him.

7 comments:
Jyl, those are so ridiculously amazing! You should send pictures in to Martha Stewart magazine or something. I wish you lived near me so that I could buy and show off all of your amazing creations!
Oh my gosh Jyl! Am I allowed to be here?? :) Nicole is going to be sooo excited...maybe as excited as me. Your cakes are amazing, I've said it before but I have to say it again. Our whole family is in awe of your talent! Hey, guess what? We found Cookie today in the washing machine again. Still no chocolate chip though. Oh, I found your blog through Shauna's blog.
Just amazing!!!! The stork is crazy amazing!!!! I think I told you that this morning, but really, it's amazing!!!!!!
I like your blog. love Nicole
Hey Jyl! This is Crystal (Macdonald) Miller. I was going to say that you are ridiculously amazing and then I say the first comment that my sister wrote and didn't want to be repetitive. Seriously though, you are unbelievable!
Thanks guys. It always feels good to hear what people have to say about my cakes. you just never know.
Jyl- welcome to blogging!!! I love the cakes!! Now, if I could just taste them to know for sure :)
Post a Comment