Saturday, February 23, 2008

Purses and Vegas

Here are the cakes that I did this week. 

This was a cake for a little girl having a purse party. For the party they are going to be making purses so her mom thought it would be fun to have a cake that looked like a purse. 
People here love to order Las Vegas Cakes. I love it. It gives me a little taste of home. The first two cakes pictures are of the cake I did this week, the last two pictures are other cakes that I have done in the past. If you want to see the show girl bigger just click on the picture. My mother-in-law wanted me to put her on a pole (the way she has her legs crossed and her placement of her hands would have been perfect) but you never know how people will react. She's a showgirl now a stripper, but boy would it have been funny. 
This is a picture of the full cake. This cake was for a girl that is turning 41. I guess for her 40th birthday they went to vegas, but she was sick the whole time which spoiled her fun. Her friends got together and decided to throw her a vegas party to make up for last year. Viva Las Vegas. 

This was the first vegas cake I did. It was for a golf tournament. You can't see the bottom, but it has paintings of different casinos. I think I did the New York New York, Luxor, MGM and Paris. 
This was for a 50th wedding anniversary. They had gone to Vegas for their honeymoon 50 years ago. Oh how Vegas has changed. 
You know these cakes always bring back great memories of living in Las Vegas. To all you still in Vegas or used to be in Vegas hi and thanks for all the fun times. 

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Yeah, send me pics of these cakes. Adalyn just saw your purse cake & said, "Is that a purse cake?" "Jyl makes the silliest cakes!"

Miller Family said...

All I can say is "wow" and "holy crap." you are amazing!

Trish said...

Hi Jyl it is so good to hear from you! Wow, you are so talented, I cant beleive you an make all that stuff. I am pretty amazed.

Anjuli White said...

Hey Jyl - I have to agree - you are AMAZING!! You are like that cake decorating show on the food network - but a one girl show! I wouldn't want to eat them because they are so pretty! I always wanted to know - Do they taste as good as they look?

Jyl & Andy said...

I like to think they do. I make the fondant from scratch so it actually tastes wonderful. I had one client tell me he didn't want to cut the cake because he knew it wouldn't taste better than it looked, but once he tried it he said it was.

Mull Family said...

Those are awesome! I want to learn how to do that!!!

Kaymee said...

You are talented!!what a fun job!!