So you wouldn't believe what happened yesterday. The lady came and picked up the stork cake yesterday morning. It looked just like the picture when she left. Well, about 1:00 I got a phone call from the catering place saying they where worried that the cake might tip over. Sometimes people don't see straight but I felt like I should go check it out. I guess while she was transporting the cake she didn't have it on a level surface and the middle layer got squished. I have never seen anything like that before. Well, I tried to fix it to the best of my ability then we left. I just felt sick about that. That cake represents me. So last night I decided just to redo the middle layers since that was the one that was smashed. I baked the cake and then put it in the freezer. Well, my freezer squished it so I had to start over. I baked another cake and this morning I finished it. I know all that sounds crazy, but I just felt like I needed to do this. Oh and thanks for all your great comments. You made my day after all that.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, you never know. Maybe someone that sees your cake and then hears the story about how you fixed it in time for the party might be extremely impressed! Then, they will hire you to make cakes for them, and then it will have a domino effect.
Everything happens for a reason. At least that's what Ryan says. He said that maybe I missed my race because I might of injured myself running in the mud. Although, I think it was my stupidity that made me miss the race.
Sorry bug! What horrible luck. I am glad it turned out o.k. in the end. I am sure that you were probably sick about it though. Oh ya, check out my blog. I made quiet a few changes with pictures & posts. Look at your amazing cakes section too. Love you! See, isn't this whole blogging thing fun?
Post a Comment