So, this week might just be the busiest week I have ever had. I had 2 extra events at work this week, I had my first private chef job and I had a birthday cake all to be done in 6 days. Lets just say I didn't have very much sleep. Just a couple hours a night. Here are some photos to document my week.
This is how my week started. I was making chocolate cups at work when one of the balloons popped. Chocolate went everywhere. A week later I am still finding it all over the kitchen.

After all the cleaning here is the final product. It's a dark chocolate cup with homemade vanilla bean ice cream and a chocolate cigar.

This is the Brownie Mousse Cake I made for Valentine's night.

This is the third dessert I made for valentine's day. This is a lemon tart with raspberries.

This is the birthday cake I made for a little boy turning four. He loves soccer so he got a soccer ball and yes you eat that.

Me at my very first personal chef job. I was so nervous. The guy was throwing a surprise valentine dinner party for his wife. It was for a party of eight.

The party started out with goat cheese amuse. I forgot to take a picture. Sorry. The soup was next. A winter squash soup, once again I forgot to take a picture. The next was a sweet heart salad with strawberries, toffee, and a poppy seed dressing.

This was the main course. Pork stuffed tenderloin with feta, spinach and roasted red peppers with a roasted red pepper sauce. The middle part is a herbed couscous and vegetable tian.

For the two vegetarians in the group they got crispy tofu with a lime ginger sauce. My dear sweet andy made the tofu. You wouldn't believe how amazing it was.

For dessert they had chocolate mousse, creme brulee and a chocolate dipped strawberry. After all this we then had another hour of clean up. Poor andy did all the dishes. I don't know what I would have done without him. He was such a help and he didn't mind me bossing him around.

My last thing I had to do that week was saturday morning. I made a Chocolate Napoleon for a Valentine Wine dinner. It is puff pastry with chocolate mousse and white chocolate mouse with a raspberry reduction.

So after my way crazy week i came home to these beautiful flowers and the entire house cleaned. Boy should Andy win the best husband award.

And that would be Jyl's Valentine Week.

8 comments:
My goodness Jyl. You were busy & wow! I can't believe I have such a talented sister. Everything looks awesome! Way to go Andy! Jyl is lucky to have you as her cute hubby.
I was wondering how all that went. I guess I'll see ya tonight and find out more. The plates look amazing! Holy cow, and those disserts look fabulious!!!!!
Awe Andy......that's so sweet!
Mckenzie misses you guys. She is going through Jyl and Andy withdrawls.
Amazing Jyl. Nicole stared at the pictures for about 10 minutes, then later in the day she said, "When I grow up, I want to be an artist and a cooker!" :)
Those all look pretty amazing. I wish I could cook like that! It really is an art, especially the way you display it all. Way to go!
I am amazed at your talent! I'm lucky if mac and cheese turns out!
WOW!!!!! You have some serious talent! Just don't look at my blog; you might see the soccer ball cake I made for Zach's 1st B-day...:) (such an embarassment compared to yours!)
So sweet of Andy!
WOW!!!! That's pretty much all I can say about all the awesome food and the busy-ness!!! You go girl! The food looked great!!!!
Jyl! Sorry it's taking me so long to respond! But I am happy to find your blog. You are so talented-- what amazing looking food. I had no idea that you were a chef! Which part of VA do you live??
Post a Comment